IN THE 2023 PROGRAM
To best meet your needs, Forum LABO has designed a program tailored to your core business.
Conferences & Trainings
Forum LABO will set up a unique program of conferences and training courses that will be qualified, general, scientific and technical.
Scientific conferences led by learned societies that will present their work.
Training courses, led by exhibitors, will provide a qualification on new analytical techniques and technological advances.
The Congress SEP 2023
The Congress SEP 2023 - 15th congress of the Association Francophone des Sciences Séparatives et Couplages (AFSEP). Three days of exchanges on separative techniques with 300 specialists, 70 conferences, 4 short courses and nearly 150 posters.
The Innovation Programme
A strong innovation dynamic, reflecting the sector's ability to come up with new ideas, new products, new processes and to develop.
Highlighting the major innovations among exhibitors' solutions and products.
- A jury of 11 users from the public and private sectors.
- 3 nominees and 1 winner in 5 categories (Instrumentation, Equipment, Consumables / Reagents / Kits, Digitalisation / IT and Services).
- Awards ceremony during the Gala Evening.
Pre-scheduled LAB'INNOVATION meetings with Innovation Awards nominees and Lab'Start-up exhibitors.
A real springboard for innovation, the show welcomes 10 high-potential start-ups, winners of the Start-up Challenge, to the Lab'start-up area.
- 10 innovative companies selected from the competition will be given free space in the LAB'START-UP AREA.
- The French Start-up Award will be given to an innovative project whose capital/financiers are mostly French and whose R&D and production facilities are in France. The winner of the Prize will be offered a 9 m² stand at Forum LABO LYON 2024.
FORENSIC SCIENCE AND INNOVATIONS AREA
As the spearhead of the scientific Gendarmerie, the PJGN combines the scientific expertise of the Gendarmerie's Criminal Research Institute (IRCGN) and the judicial intelligence capacity of the Gendarmerie's Central Criminal Intelligence Service (SCRCGN), in order to carry out projects that push back the frontiers of current investigation methods.
The PJGN is conducting 75 research and innovation projects, including the all-in-one DNA analysis (RapidHit ID System), which makes it possible to obtain a genetic profile in 90 minutes from a DNA-rich sample such as blood, saliva or semen. This new technology makes it possible to offer an immediate scientific response, anywhere in mainland France or the French overseas territories, compatible with the time required for police custody and flagrante delicto, with certified quality in accordance with the requirements of the ISO 17025 standard.
With 23 doctors and 10 doctoral students among its civilian and military personnel, the PJGN is able to collaborate with major public and private research organisations in order to develop and patent innovations. This is notably the case with the Mobile DNA Analysis Laboratory, which is a rapid genetic analysis device that can be projected to any point in France, in metropolitan France and overseas. In the context of autonomous projection, the mobile van-type laboratory is fully equipped to meet the standards and working procedures in force in the field and has been designed to meet the requirements of the international standard ISO/IEC/17025 (which specifies the "general requirements concerning the competence of testing and calibration laboratories"). Depending on the situation in which it is used, the mobile laboratory can be accompanied by modular extensions. This unique device has already been successfully used for exploratory purposes during the Germanwings disaster in 2015, during the terrorist attack in Nice in July 2016, in 2020 and 2021 during the COVID-19 epidemic to support screening actions in hospitals or airports and finally during the Ukrainian conflict (2022).
Studying the traces left by criminals requires forensic scientists to constantly innovate so as not to leave them the opportunity to commit the perfect crime. To this end, the PJGN encourages innovators, and this policy has been given concrete expression in the filing of six patents, mainly in the field of genetic analysis.
Whether it is a question of identifying the perpetrators of crime or protecting the population, the PJGN is always looking for innovative solutions to respond to current crises, in compliance with scientific and technical standards. Competence and availability are thus the two helices of the DNA of the scientific gendarmerie.
PJGN-Mobile DNA Laboratory
The Lab'Meetings programme
Are you in charge of a short, medium or long-term project?
Take advantage of the free one-to-one meeting programme!
- Personalized support
- Scheduled, targeted and tailor-made meetings with exhibitors
- Extensive selection of contacts to build concrete partnerships during the show
The education and employment programme
As with many industrial sectors, employment and recruitment are among the issues facing our customers, exhibitors, visitors and students.
Key players in the EDUCATION & EMPLOYMENT AREA
The mission of the Association Bernard Gregory (ABG) is to bring the economic and academic worlds closer together by facilitating the professional mobility of PhDs and by assisting companies in their recruitment.
APEC promotes the connection between executives and companies. It offers a range of services and advice. It accompanies executives and young graduates in their job search and helps them in their different steps.
The schools, partners of the CIFL, will promote the scientific professions and will direct the participants towards a professional training :
- ESTA ÉCOLE SUPÉRIEURE DE TECHNOLOGIE ET DES AFFAIRES DE BELFORT
- ESTBA PARIS
- IUT D’ORSAY - UNIVERSITÉ PARIS-SACLAY
- MASTER 2 "INGÉNIERIE TECHNICO COMMERCIALE" CY CERGY PARIS UNIVERSITÉ
- MBA FORENSIQUE - PÔLE JUDICIAIRE DE LA GENDARMERIE NATIONALE
- UNIVERSITÉ GRENOBLE ALPES - BIOTECHCO CHEMTECHCO SCIENCE TRADING
JOB DATINGS appointments
They will bring together visitors, students looking for a job, training, internship or thinking about their professional project with exhibitors who are recruiting and the expertise and advice of the ABG, APEC and the SCHOOLS.
3 conferences + 1 training dedicated
- Conference "Do schools also have difficulties in attracting candidates? "BIOTECHCO University of Grenoble, ESTA, ESTBA, CY CERGY PARIS UNIVERSITE, MBA Forensics Pôle Judiciaire de la Gendarmerie Nationale, SUP'BIOTECH Tuesday 28 March (11:30 am Room 6)
- ABG Round Table "Doctoral graduates' career paths towards technical-commercial positions in companies" Tuesday 28 March (16:30 Room 6)
- APEC Conference "Careers in R&D". Wednesday 29 March (16:30 Room 6)
- APEC training course "Are they likely to leave you? Integrate and retain your employees over the long term" Thursday 30 March (2.30 pm Room 5)
Food Safety & Control Village
Find solutions and methods in food microbiology that are of particular interest to quality control laboratories and those involved in the analysis of food products, whose purpose is to protect the consumer.
They are present on the Village: BENTLEY INSTRUMENTS, BIOMERIEUX, BIO-RAD, EURALAM EUROPROBE, HYGIENA, NEOGEN, SODIBOX, SYFT TECHNOLOGIES.
L’objectif du Village Robotique, organisé en partenariat avec ELRIGfr (Groupe Européen d'Intérêt pour la Robotique de Laboratoire), est de créer des conditions de rapprochement et d’échange entre les chercheurs, les fabricants et les distributeurs afin que cette communauté contribue à faire progresser ses projets de recherche.
Ils sont présents sur le Village : AZENTALIFE SCIENCES, BIOBANK LARIBOISIERE, EKIUM, ELRIG, INOREVIA, IZIBIO, MICROTECHNIX, STANDARD BIOTOOLS, TITIAN, XPERT AUTOMATION, ZIATH.